Terms and Conditions
- STS program is intended to encourage and support interested undergraduates MBBS students in research and all efforts have been made to provide accurate information, however ICMR, will not be responsible for any loss to any person caused by inaccuracy in the information available on this Website. Any discrepancy found may be brought to our notice.
- All efforts are made to ensure a fair and unbiased review of proposal and declaration of results. The reviewers get anonymized information to remove any bias.
- The proposal should give in detail the original work to be carried out by student during two months under the Guide and should not be copied from earlier research/ thesis /other sources. If any kind of research misconduct is noticed at any stage the proposal/ report would be rejected.
- Students must follow the updated instructions and updated forms provided on the website (http://www.icmr.nic.in/). Incomplete applications/ proposals will not be considered. ICMR reserves the rights to approve/disapprove a project proposal upon evaluation.
- One student can submit only one proposal under a guide. A guide can forward only one student application. Please note that in case of more than one submission by student/ guide all proposals will be automatically rejected.
- Any research carried out by the student without appropriate prior approval by the IEC/IAEC with the rejected. IEC should have composition as per ICMR requirement and date of ethical approval should leave minimum of two months time for students to do research. Clinical trial protocol should not be submitted under STS.
- Submission of wrong information/ plagiarism / research misconduct etc. detected at any stage will lead to disqualification and the application/ proposal/ project will be treated as cancelled.
- The studentship is non-transferable and cannot be given to another student in the event of non acceptance after getting approval. However in case of transfer of guide the student can take another faculty member for same department as guide with permission from the medical college.
- On approval of the STS Report, stipend will be paid through RTGS/NEFT and will be transferred to the student’s bank account.
- The Council reserves right for no further discussion on rejected/ incomplete applications/ research proposals / late submissions to the Council.
- Canvassing of any form will lead to disqualification of the student.
- Information from students may be used by the Council/designated authorities to contact students / invite them to research methodology workshop/ conferences or other academic activities.
- Requests for providing the following categories of information shall not be entertained:
•Reasons for rejection of STS applications
•Names and contact details of students/ guides/ reviewers
•Any other details of any student/ Guide
•Titles of STS projects- approved/ disapproved
•Scientific details of STS projects of students
•Minutes of STS meetings/ marks/ scores
•Or any other confidential information
- The Council shall make all efforts to keep the information about participating students/ guides/ scientific reports (soft copies) confidential and in safe custody, however will not be responsible for any unintentional loss of any kind due to unforeseen reasons at this time.